Thursday, May 15, 2014

flame

nobody knows what love I mourn for.
of all the mortals I once adored;
I have not for them, ever, lit this candle before.

no one can know whose love I mourn for.
that bittersweet day they rose above my floor,
this stranger I can not forget since they darkened my door.

a promise to stay with some requirements to name,
a light, my heart, deals broken, but still here is this burning flame;
n'er beckons, no calling, now only burns to convince I'm insane.

all things being equal, small comforts, I know I will remain.
these tricksters are trifling, but are they to blame?
most days I am quiet, but some I am hard to restrain.

nobody knows this love I mourn for.
so many mortals have not seen them before.
for once as a witness... and reality tore.

I wish I could know whose love I mourn for.
gone are the blurred days on my knees begging for mercy on the floor,
so strange I still care for his visage that darkened my door.

October 4, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment