Saturday, May 10, 2014

contagious

I was fragile still hopeful
you seemed kind and noble    
said you were not flawless   
somehow you made my life lawless   

through all this his image resembled   
I fell short in pieces you dissembled    
accepting this stranger   
did my salvation endanger    

was he created blameless   
only to make me feel nameless    
incurring a debt   
no prince could come to correct    

my life long devotion   
brushed off with a dust of emotion    
quick to judge as a danger   
left to die far away in a manger    

his faith was contagious   
thought my frailty courageous    
enough to steal praise   
kept the grin on my face for days    

love I can not rescind 
even towers give way in the wind   
mind your still water gauges 
kings watch fools play on thrust stages   

in a crowd with no others    
your wings sprung new colours  
books blew open our rib cages   
words silenced, out fell all my pages    

long ago and again was this actress   
not braving the precipice
new born sage under cover     
instead he crawled back to his lover    
       
you won't see, this rhythm, a melody   
stays with me. constantly.      
my words now, not enabled     
disabled all I was once capable...    
       
message delivered you found me disturbing.         
a way to decipher your herds unnerving   
a sudden encasing sending me reeling,      
disgracing this craving you accepted no feeling    
       
commonly assuming for him I was grooming   
my descent impending a sad ending looming     
smiles backed by derision with no more choices
forced my decision to slip though the voices  
          
enlisting the vision as egos glisten
insisting on only one mission they never listen
waiting eyes fading,  though my mind's illuminating,
may this be the last time of this ascending beginning.

August 2011

1 comment:

  1. ‎"some are in a tender place of evolution and enlightenment, between the old and new, and so, at times it is vexing to know and remember more karma than most, but yet not fully equipped to reconcile, things and trials of long ago... knowing 'karma' full and ancient, of friends and family, who unaware, of so many binding exchanges, waver around them with impunity... not understanding why they mean so much more to that one person, than the others can comprehend."

    ReplyDelete